Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Setting Goals

My Precious Pup, Lambeau
So when you are trying to lose weight or get in shape, you are supposed to set goals. Most magazines will say, set small goals, monthly goals or weekly goals so they are more reachable. Since I am currently too afraid to step on the scale, setting a weight loss goal isn't in my cards for the time being. Instead I will set a fitness goal.  A few years ago, I was able to run circles around my husband. He is naturally fit and is good at every sport he tries. He hates to run, and since I love to run, I was able to beat him in our two mile run time for our Army PT test and the 10K race we did together for New Years in Savannah. Since then I have fallen off the band wagon. In Arizona he out-ran me and it didn't bother me because he was running more often then I was and at the time our puppy couldn't keep up with him, so he preferred to run with me. Now that we are in North Carolina, Erik is leaving me in the dust and so is my dog Lambeau. I have heard some couples say they don't want a dog because they don't want their spouse to be jealous of the attention they give to their pet. This is hilarious to me, because for Erik and I, we get jealous of who Lambeau sits next to or snuggles more. Going on runs was always my time with Lambeau because he preferred my pace. Yesterday, Erik and I went on a trail run. Lambeau stayed with Erik the entire time, and Oh man was I jealous. Running faster than Erik was never my goal, but it was something that always happened earlier in our relationship. As I slid behind, I was fine with it, but now that it is taking away my precious pup, my current goal is to speed up and once again, be Lambeau's preferred running partner. Crazy dog lady? Most definitely, but it is still getting me out on the road, and motivation is motivation. What are your motivations?

1 comment:

  1. Love it!!! Just wish I had a pup to take out too! Although...you know me and running...I've always hated it. But, I know that it is unfortunately for me, the one thing that gets me into the shape I want.
    Usually my motivation is pictures. Call me vain, but I HATE seeing myself in old pictures and thinking- Gross!!! I don't like being the one person in the picture that ruins it. The only time I've really stuck with it and got my butt in shape was for our wedding- pictures galore! :) So now...I need to find more motivation....we shall see what comes of that.

    ReplyDelete