Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Lets Get it Started

Well, it been just over five years since we graduated from lovely Saint Mary's College. The day I graduated I was the heaviest I have ever been, but I'm sure there are quite a few that would admitt the same thing. Senior year was a nasty year of easy classes, lots of processed food and even more beer. No wonder some of us were busting out of our graduation robes. Since then I have managed to lose and gain weight almost yearly. This year, a few of us managed to have a girls get-away to Austin over Martin Luther King weekend. When planning it, it seemed like a fantastic idea, but as the vacation came closer, I realized this was a terrible idea. We spent the last month wining and dining our waist lines away over holiday hoopla. The fact that our jeans were still able to zip was based strictly on the elasticity of the denim. There is a reason I wont even consider buying a pair of jeans that doesnt have the word "Stretch" somewhere on the tag or label. This girls weekend came so soon, and we didnt have time to "de-bloat" from the holidays. At first it was all fun and games, but after the first night of a few beers, and the next morning of groaning while trying to zip our pants, we all admitted we arent where we wish we were in the fitness department. By the end of the weekend we all decided to become active members of My Fitness Pal on our iPhones and start contibuting to blog to stay motivated. No more buying bigger sizes (unless we are pregnant) No more downed pant zippers (unless we pull them down ourselves) and No more excuses! Go Belles!

6 comments:

  1. Hahaha!!!! Love this write up!! Motivation through the roof!! This will def kick my butt iut the door and ito the gym! I want to make sure I can post stuff. And while I am busting my butt on the treadmill, I can think of some witty things to post on the blog! (I may not be able to compete with the rest of the girls!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! So glad this is working! This is going to be fun!

      Delete
  2. Chirst, I am doing a biggest loser contest with the people I work with in my office! Its actually really motivating because we all have to check in with each other every Monday...and on the weekends knowing I have to weigh myself on that Monday makes me think twice before I eat too much or indulge in too much beer drinking! We've been doing it for two weeks, I've only lost 2 pounds, but I feel like I've gained some muscle and look better than I did before I started doing this, I also feel lighter and just better physically! I am turning into a pinterest freak, and love some of the healthy recipes I've pinned, ive tried out a few and will write about them if people are interested! its good to stay motivated when we keep up with each other and let each other in on what we are doing! I've been running at least 3 miles a day and getting some weights in there! Dan is helping me out a lot with what to do and what not to do! I'll keep blogging and keeping everyone in the loop and visa versa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not funny and even less technologically savvy so I'm not sure how to go about writing an actual post. That being said after a weekend of terrible eating and heavy drinking all I wanted was a movie night and Thai food... Unfortunately I couldn't get through to the Thai restaurant and right as I was about to call another Ellie came to my door "Crossfit workout Crossfit workout!" Taking her up on the offer made for some fabulous weekend recap time, a great workout and no guilt or gross feelings as I sipped on my red wine when I finished! Excited to keep up with y'all on here! Go Belles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know how to blog either, but I'm excited!!!!!! I LOVE My Fitness Pal. The best thing about it is that you can scan bar codes (it took me about 2 months before I realized this!) Perhaps, when everyone jumps on the "workout or bust" bandwagon, we could sign up for a race to all do together! Instead of having the next get together be all booze and food(not that i object to either of those delish delights), rather it could be to run a race! Go Belles :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We should all do the Disney Half Marathon! it would be fun and working out all into one! i dont know what it is though...but just an idea!

    ReplyDelete