Pages

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Setting Goals

I know some of you were writing about setting goals with running and what not. I love setting goals. It's just accomplishing them is where I struggle.

This past fall I set a goal to join a softball team with people I didn't know. It was an attempt to make friends, get some activity in, and leave my stress aside and get mentally healthy. Triple threat!

I got on a softball team and had a blast. I now play on a basketball team on Mondays. When I joined the leagues, I guaranteed myself at least one night a week of activity. One night a week not sitting on the couch. One night a week socializing but also working out.

So, if you're if you're looking for something that will guarantee a workout, but also be a socializing stress reliever, check out your local sport clubs.


2 comments:

  1. Oh man- what a great idea! I've been so chicken to actually join a soccer team of some sort- but I really want to! I will have to get on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a GREAT idea. I play soccer all year round with the Boston Ski & Sports Club that has every sport you can imagine...kickball to basketball to dodgeball to softball. It's awesome. they also plan social events frequently as well. Great tip Binhack!

      Delete