Pages

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Oh, Hey There! An Introduction and a Recipe!

First time poster, long time blogger. Thanks for the invite!

I might link some stuff I've written on another health and fitness blog on here or copy and paste. I've actually been writing about my health and fitness for over a year. I will also send some links to some blogs that post some great at home workouts and recipes.

Onto that recipe!

I know that when I'm trying to eat right and get my shit together I need a plan. I also need to start every day off right. So on Sundays I make an egg bake. The egg bake is great because it stays good all week, it has protein to keep me full, and you can throw in all the veggies you need to get rid of.

I use an 8x8 pan and my recipe changes weekly depending on the proteins and veg I have in the house.

I typically put in a small zucchini, mushrooms, 2 cups of spinach - chopped, 1/2 green pepper, 6 eggs, 1/2 and egg white carton (the small one). *I also use that carton to cover the veg after I put it in the pan. I tend to use up all the veggies from the week that need to be used. Not tomatoes!  There isn't any flour or carb to soak up the liquid from the tomatoes, so it's too watery. Don't use them. If you want them, top your egg bake with salsa. For protein, I either use turkey sausage crumbles, bake up some turkey bacon, or if I have leftover chicken or pork, I'll season it with taco seasoning and throw it in for a south of the border kick.

I mix it all in a big bowl, and throw that into a greased pan and cook on 400 for 20-40 minutes (depending on your veg to egg ratio). You'll just have to check it. It's not an exact science because the recipe changes weekly. When it's finished, cut it into 6 slices and you are set for the week. You can also put them into muffin tins and make egg cupcakes. 2 cupcakes equals a serving.

It normally runs between 165-185 calories/serving. It's also cheap and it uses up stuff that needs to be eaten. Less waste!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome Binhack!!! Great post! I'm gonna try this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Hey There Binhack!!!! :) Nice to see you on here!!! Love the idea of using all the left over veggies- I always end up throwing out a bunch. I've done the egg muffins before...but I think i made too many and got kinda sick of them by the end of the week :/
    But I'm happy to try these now! Whats the link to the other blogs!?! love to see yours!

    ReplyDelete